AirSpeed 5000 Inflatable Void Fill SystemAirSpeed 5000 Inflatable air pillow machine for on demand production. Perfect for when you want to go fast!
- High Speed – Up to 75 feet per minute. Perfect for high volume operations!
- Easy to Operate – Load and go
- Portable – No compressed air required
- Reliable – A real work horse! Delivers high quality cushions each and every time. Minimal wear items
- Multiple film options available – EP‐FLEX, EP‐FLEX RENEW & Commercial Grade
- Maximum productivity and ergonomics ‐ Easily integrated with AirSpeed accessories
- Worry free ‐ Backed by Service Team & 24/7 Tech Service Hotline
AirSpeed EP-Flex Renew
Consumer Electronics Manufacturer converts to void fill system to gain performance, reduce costs
AirSpeed® 5000 (10 x 8 air pillow made from EP Flex™ film) and Airspeed® HC (6-inch perf) systems
A leading manufacturer of consumer electronics had been using Ranpak table-top units to create cushioning material at two replacement part facilities. The Ranpak units convert fan-folded paper into crumpled void-fill. The company had been spending $850K per year on the dunnage and felt they were paying too much. That prompted them to investigate inflatable, air-cushioning systems.
The customer wanted a lower "in the box" cost. Analysis of air pillow benefits (cost, weight, freight) showed them that this was the way to go. The company also took a look at FP Int’l and Automated Bag air pillow systems. The determination was made that material/systems yielded superior performance coupled with cost benefits—35-40% annual savings vs. the Ranpak system.
We designed a shared delivery system for both the Air Speed 5000 and the HC unit. Each delivery system services a "quad" or four-station packaging table. There were a total of nine quad set-ups in the East coast facility which means that nine of each unit were sold into that facility. The west coast plant has been supplied with six Air Speed 5000 and one HC unit. The Airspeed HC unit is used to produce a bottom cushion and/or any blocking/bracing or interleaving that is needed—depending on the part. The Air Speed 5000 creates void-fill pillows.
In addition to a reduction in packaging costs, the customer also has benefited from reduced freight costs due to air cushioning weighing less than the paper void fill.